The Fourth of July is just two weeks away. I know you all wish you could get out of town and celebrate, but you may think you just can't fit it into your budget. If you planned a trip this summer anyway, why not go last-minute and save some big bucks? The best dates to travel are always Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday, but because of the holiday, the Saturday before is not as affordable. Travel on the actual Fourth and save more. With darkness falling much later in the summer, you will still get wherever you want to go before the fireworks burst overhead.
Are you in the Portland area or planning on traveling here? Well, I've been chosen as a Budget Travel Examiner for Portland on Examiner.com, where I will be posting deals and cool stuff to do in the area on a budget several times a week. Make sure you subscribe to my articles. Not only will you get some great ideas on stuff to do in Portland and the surrounding areas (including day trips), but you'll also save money and help me out by expanding my readership - which will boost my income a bit, too. Thanks for your help and I hope you enjoy my articles.
- Fly American, Jet Blue, AirTran and more from just $49 each way. Let TravelZoo search the best deals for you, by selecting your hopeful travel dates and then choosing My Dates are Flexible.
- Sail the Hawaiian islands for 7 nights from just $999 per person on July 2nd. Cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line's Pride of America departing from Honolulu and stop in Maui, Maui, Hilo, Kona, Kauai, Kauai. Add a 3-day Honolulu package for just $240 more. It includes 2 nights at the Waikiki Resort Hotel with breakfast, airport and port of call transfers and tour of Honolulu.
- Enjoy the bright lights and high rolling of Las Vegas through August 30th with 40% off at Circus Circus, where the whole family can enjoy the City of Sin. Kids eat free with this promotion and you'll also receive 2 free well drinks, 2 premium rides, free WiFi, $150 in entertainment, dining and shopping discounts and more. Rates start at just $28/night.
- Stay in The Big Apple over the holiday with rates as low as $114/night. BookIt wants to give you budget New York City vacations. You can book just your hotel or include airfare, too. BookIt offers extra incentives for booking with them, like activity credits, rebates, free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Stay in a Miami boutique hotel and experience all the flash Miami has to offer along with a relaxing stay in the luxurious Circa 39 Hotel from just $89/night now through August 31. Known for it's thriving nightlife as well as the vibrancy of it's citizens, Miami is a fantastic summer vacation spot. Circa 39 Hotel is right across the street from Miami Beach and only has 100 guest rooms, meaning you'll be treated with a personal touch. Free WiFi in the lobby and room, complimentary daily newspaper, use of the gym and concierge. With a restaurant right on site, you don't have to go far to grab a bite to eat, but you might want to explore the city anyway.
- CheapCarribbean is offering yet another amazing deal for you to consider. This time it's to an all-inclusive resort in St. Lucia for up to 60% off. Rates start at just $79/person/night. Your meals, beverages, on-site entertainment and some activities are included. You can add airfare for an even bigger savings, or book separately. Bring the kids, too, because they stay and eat free. There is a kids club, so they can hang out with others of their own age when you aren't bonding as family. Book by June 19 at midnight.
- Monterey Beach in Pacific Grove, California is a great little seaside destination that everyone should visit at some time or another. Celebrate the Fourth at Asilomar for just $89/night on weeknights and $99/night on weekends. Your stay includes free parking and WiFi in the lobby. The hotel is near the Monterey Bay Aquarium (you can receive a guest discount of 10%), Cannery Row and amazing golf courses. For just $20 more per day get full breakfast for two. You must book by June 22.
- Need a rental car? Get a discount and use it to get closer to a free hotel night, too! Hilton Honors (the Hilton rewards program) can get you 20% off Budget car rentals through August 15 and you will also receive 6,500 points into your HiltonHonors account. That's 26 times more than normal! You must rent for 2 consecutive days or more to get those bonus points. Don't forget to use the promo codes on the link, or you won't get your discount or bonus.
I hope this gives you some help towards a successful holiday vacation with your family that will both be fun and also keep you within your budget. Don't forget to look for activity discounts with daily deal sites like Groupon and with travel cards from Smart Destinations and CityPASS. You can find links to these and more on the right sidebar.
A friend of mine works for Western Independent Banking, who puts together educational conferences for bankers in the western U.S. This year their educational summit will be taking place in San Diego and they asked me to put together a list of things they can do with their families over the conference that could turn a work do into a vacation of any length on a budget. I was only too happy to get on the job and give some suggestions for the fun activities that can be done while they're in town. If San Diego is on your list of vacation destinations, you might also want to check it out. (It's good to have friends with influence.)
We're celebrating 100 blog subscribers! Help me out by subscribing, too, and you could win a fantastic Summer Road Trip bundle worth over $150! The package includes a fun travel game, a packable tote bag, sunscreen, UV SunSense wristbands, $100 dining card, $25 hotel card and some other surprise items. Once we reach 150 subscribers a winner will be chosen. Enter here! Get extra entries by getting your friends to enter as well!
Help me make it to 1,500 Facebook fans and be a winner! I'm giving away travel games for your summer trips. They are fun and help pass the time. Here's what you need to do: "Like" Shereen Travels Cheap (if you haven't already) and enter to win the travel games giveaway. Then, suggest Shereen Travels Cheap to all your Facebook friends and tell them they can enter to win, too. When they enter, they enter your name as the one who referred them and you get another entry for each friend who names you! When we reach 1,500 fans, 2 lucky winners will be chosen via Random.org.
Don't forget to join me on the awesome new Savvy Living Community sponsored by Ebates. Not only will you learn how to save money by better utilizing Ebates, but you will also be able to read Savvy blog posts and join in discussions and live chats with Savvy Leaders (like me!) to learn how to save money on all aspects of your life. With 19 bloggers who are experts on everything from travel to family life, you're sure to learn a lot of new information, find some great new blogs and even make some friends along the way. Join Ebates.This week is health and beauty week on Ebates. Please check out my guest post on their blog on Summer Travel Beauty HERE.