I always wonder what life would be like if it were a musical. What if you had background music to your everyday goings on or your inner monologue came out in song form and time stopped while you belted out your secret thoughts and did a nicely choreographed dance to them? Well, for one, we’d all be in awesome shape from all the exercise. Unfortunately, life isn’t like High School Musical and when you’re down, your best friends aren’t going to bust a move and sing you a motivational ditty to get you out of your slump. So, life may be mundane as we walk through it talking to people, but vacation can always make it more exciting. With today being Broadway Musicals Day, I found it appropriate to take a look at some of the most popular musicals and their settings and what kind of deals can be had there. Enjoy!
- Please join me on Facebook to get more updated deals and tips every day.
- We are doing a giveaway for the first 500 fans who sign up on our page and the people they were referred by (if applicable-both must be fans of the page), so join us and suggest all your friends to join. 2 lucky people will win items from Travelon and 2 others (potentially) will win referral gifts.
- Follow me on Twitter for more great tips and deals.
- Subscribe to my blog on the right or on Kindle, so you can take me wherever you go!
- Transfer your Alaska Air miles to friends or family and they get 30% more miles for FREE! This offer is good until October 31st. Great deal if you know someone who has miles they won't use. You can buy them off of them and get extra points.
- You won't be crying for Argentina, except maybe when you leave. Walk in the steps of Evita and take a 9-night tour complete with RT airfare and lodgings from $1630 per person. Price includes 4 nights in Buenos Aires, 3 nights in Cordoba, 2 nights in Iguazu Falls, daily breakfast, flights within Argentina, hotel and air taxes. You can add activities for an additional cost.
- This South Pacific package will have you singing and dancing Bali Ha'i. Stay 7 nights and pay only for 5. Fiji Plantation Island is a beautiful beachside resort with a lagoon, several pools, a kid's club, 9-hole golf course, mini supermarket, 4 bars and 3 restaurants. Your package will include RT airfare from LAX, lei greeting upon arrival, all transfers to Plantation Island, 7 night accommodations and all your activities. For only $1459pp, this is a super deal. Kids 16 and under stay for free in same room (up to 2). Travel by March 31, 2011.
All stage actors aspire to make it into a Broadway or
West End production. Many of them end up waiting tables and living in shoebox-size apartments in order to pay the Rent. Rent and A Chorus Line are full of actors trying to make it. You don’t have to follow in their footsteps, except by making your way to . Tour the Big Apple and see the sights like the New York City ’s Building, the Statue of Liberty, Empire State and Madison Square Garden Times Square and then stay in a nice hotel that is significantly bigger than a shoebox.
- Book by October 13 for free nights from Expedia. If you plan to travel to NYC before December 15th of this year, then this is a deal you should jump on. Stay for as low as $87 per night and get your last night free when you stay the specified number of nights listed for each hotel.
- Expedia is also offering 1 free night to the end of your stay in select Chicago hotels from $47/night. Stay the specified number of nights and get one free!
- Join SniqueAway from TripAdvisor. The newest luxury-for-less member's only deals available by invitation only. Flash sales only last for a short time, but the savings are significant.
- You may not find your Miss Saigon, but you will probably take home some wonderful memories of Vietnam with more deals from Expedia. Book by October 13th to get low-priced luxury 4 and 5-star rooms from $105/night. If you stay the posted number of nights, the offer includes a free night at the end of your stay. Good for travel now through December 15. Add airfare to save even more!
- Experience Texas unlike Buddy (The Buddy Holly Story) probably ever did. Stay at the MD Resort in Dallas, TX for 3 days and 2 nights from $297 for a family of four. It's a beautiful ranch set on 37 acres. Your price includes meals. Other things to do at MD Resort? Visit with miniature donkeys, horses and buffalo, swimming, horseback riding, hayrides, horseshoes, volleyball and indoor game room. Come with your own horses as well, or enjoy strolling the pecan orchard and many other outdoorsy activities with your family.
- Walk in the steps of Sophie and Donna with your father or find your true love while walking the landscape of Greece, the backdrop of Mamma Mia! A 7-day cruise through Greece, Turkey and the Black Sea from $599 per person. Sail on the Norwegian Gem that boasts 13 eating venues, a casino, nightclub, kid's club, cigar club, 2 pools, video arcade and more.
- The Fiddler on the Roof probably didn't have money to go on a luxurious cruise like this, but if you want to experience some wonderful countries, including Russia, Crystal Cruises has wonderful selections, including the 11-day Jewels of the Baltic cruise that includes 2-for-1 pricing (from $14,010 per couple), free airfare and $1,000 cruise credit on the Crystal Serenity. The cruise docks out of Stockholm Sweden and travels to Tallinn (Estonia), St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Berlin and ending in Copenhagen. Aside from the usual cruise entertainment and distractions, the Jewels of the Baltic cruise can include up to 5 Broadway-worthy productions and Berlitz Language classes.
There were no cars in Paris when Beauty and the Beast met, but visiting Paris now, you can get around town for 20% less in Europe. Avis is offering this discount for bookings by November 5th on rentals between now and December 15th. European destinations this discount is good for include: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
If you find yourself in Chicago, you probably won't encounter gangsters or flappers or a murder (let's hope not anyway), but you will encounter food and probably want to know where to eat. Check The ChicaGO Guide to Special Values, brought to you by the Chicago Office of Tourism. It offers discount coupons for dining, events and attractions and even links to information on “always free” attractions and free days at museums!
- Celebrate the 25th anniversary of Les Miserables at the O2 in London on October 3rd. The celebration will showcase top performers from around the world including Nick Jonas, Lea Salonga, Matt Lucas and Alfie Boe playing character parts. This is truly a most unique performance. Tickets to the show and 3-star hotel night from £174.00 per person. Extra nights can be included.
- You may not be keen to see The Producers while in NYC, but what about a Night at the Museum? Not the movie, but in the American Museum of Natural History. For $129 per person, you can skip a hotel and spend the night in one of the museum halls. This offer is available for kids 7-13 with a legal guardian and includes roaming access, a nighttime snack, breakfast and admission the next day to the museum during hours with sunlight.
- Save money on checked baggage fees by learning to travel with only a carry-on.
- Walk all over in style. Dansko footwear in new, comfortable styles for men and women are in stock. Known to promote good foot, leg and back health. Get free overnight shipping on new styles and free two-day shipping on all others from Endless.com.
- As much as you see me running around telling everyone they should buy a Kindle because it is super awesome, I recognize it isn't the only eReader out there. In fact, Borders has several different readers. right now, the Libre eBook Reader is on sale for $100 until October 4th. That's $20 off regular price!