Want more deals and tips everyday? “Like” Shereen Travels Cheap on Facebook and follow me onTwitter. You never know what great deal will pop up! Keep up with current sales, new products and websites and get more awesome tips in between blog posts!
- Granville Island: Who says no to free entertainment? Not me! After spending $80+ on a single event ticket to see Charlie ramble on, free is a good thing. Take the aquabus or ferry to Granville Island and enjoy 37 acres of unique shops, restaurants, artists and more.
- Stanley Park: On 1,000 acres, Stanley Park offers indoor and outdoor activities, wither you want to pet animals, play golf, go hiking or running, check out new restaurants or visit the Vancouver Aquarium, there is something for you. You can even swim there! The Aquarium charges $23.50 per person for admission.
- BC Film Commission: Watch a movie being filmed. If you’re lucky, your trip will coincide with a filming. It’s always free, though you will have to have patience as these things can take a long time to set up.
- Grab a Toronto CityPASS and save 45% off top attractions like Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto Zoo and Casa Loma, which is an awesome castle estate built by Sir Henry Mill Pellatt.
- Enjoy Lake Ontario for free and get in some sunbathing and swimming.
- Kensington Market: Shop local fruit, thrift stores and eat in quaint pubs while watching people and taking in some free music and entertainment at the weekend.
- Save some bucks and pack a picnic lunch to enjoy on Toronto Islands. Make sure to wear your walking shoes and pack a swimsuit, because you can go hiking and enjoy the beach or go kayaking.
Take Shereen Travels Cheap with you everywhere with Kindle! Subscribe on Amazon and get each blog post sent right to your Kindle the instant it gets published. Don't have a Kindle? That's okay, too. Download the free Kindle reading app on any of your web-enabled devices, like your iPad or Android, and it works just as good! (or you can buy yourself a brand-new fun gadget!)
(Again, with my gadget that's not a gadget.) With so many options to go swimming, you might want to be ready with a new swimsuit. Sears has a great sale on reversible swimsuits by Joe Boxer and other designers. In fact, I got a cute tankini with reversible bottoms just last week for my upcoming trip later this year. It’ll hide some of the areas I don’t feel confident about, it’s got fun colors and for another look, I can turn my shorts inside out. You can also find swim trunks that reverse and bikini/tankini tops, too. Make sure if you buy online to purchase through Ebates to get your cash back! It’s like free money in your pocket. And with double cash back this week on many clothing stores, your spring travel just got more fun…and it’s a good reason to spruce up your wardrobe.