You may or may not have already noticed Valentine candy being showcased in your local grocery store. Are you ready for February 14th yet? If not, you aren't alone. This year the holiday falls on a Thursday, which can be great if you want to take a romantic trip with your honey. Airfare and hotels are cheaper in the middle of the week and it's a lot easier to stay on a budget. You might not even want to take your trip in February, which is fine. It's usually enough to let your sweetie know that their gift for the big day is a cozy getaway where you can spend one-on-one time with each other snuggling up and enjoying a fun destination.
This infographic from Vacation Choices lists the top romantic getaways for couples. Underneath, you'll find links to previous posts that give you suggestions on how to do the cities for less - if I've previously written about them.
Source: Romantic Vacation Choices
Has this list got you thinking you want to take at trip, even if it's not for Valentine's Day? Do them for less, too. Here's how!
- San Francisco - 48 hours of fun on a budget | Westward Ho | Following the Torpedo of Truth
- Las Vegas - 48 hours of fun on a budget | Romantic (and Reasonably Priced) Getaways | Vegas On the Cheap | Westward Ho
- Los Angeles - 48 hours of fun on a budget | Los Angeles Landmarks | Westward Ho
- Honolulu - 10 Ways to Save Money in Honolulu
- Paris, France - | Live and Learn | Visit the Dead in Paris | The Ultimate in Valentine's Getaway | Low Budget Honeymooning
- Nassau, Bahamas - Frugal Vacation Destination | Live and Learn
Where will you be taking your next romantic getaway?